Over-the-Counter vs. Professional Teeth Whitening Treatments
When it comes to teeth whitening, there are countless options available on the market. From over-the-counter kits to advanced treatments at your dentist’s office, it can be difficult to determine which method to use. Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jerry Strauss, is experienced in providing teeth whitening for patients at Aesthetic Dental Care of New Jersey. He explains that there are several key differences between over-the-counter and in-office teeth whitening options that may help you decide which method is more appropriate for your needs.
Although over-the-counter teeth whitening can help many people reach their ideal results, Dr. Strauss says the following advantages are unique to in-office treatments:
- Tend to be more effective due to professional-strength formulas
- Fast results since they are typically a greater strength and tend to whiten in less time
- More customized process, such as custom-made trays for maximum contact
- Less gum irritation, resulting from a more controlled and customized process
- Supervised by a professional to find the best method for whitening
Whether you find success in an over-the-counter product, or are seeking the expertise of an in-office dental teeth whitening, there is no doubt a white smile can enhance a person’s overall appearance. Should you be interested in our advanced Zoom!® teeth whitening, please contact us to schedule your appointment!
Schedule Your Appointment